Thursday 14 June 2012

Oatmeal Butterscotch Caramel Cookie


Good Morning,

I made these cookies last week and the cookies were so good, I thought I would share it with you. I made one small change, I used chocolate chips instead of the butterscotch chips it calls for. Only because I love chocolate!

2 sticks (1 cup/16 tablespoons) softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce
2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
1 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
2. In stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, a good 2-3 minutes. Slowly add in eggs, vanilla and caramel sauce.
3. Place flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with butterscotch chips. Mix until just combined then scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Have a great day!
Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment